Lisa Jones is a writer and web developer in Denver, Colorado. She is a LEVA-certified forensic video technician, and a licensed private investigator (State of Colorado #PI1.0000391).
- Her most recent nonfiction book, Blunt Force Yoga: True Crime Memoir (Verbal Construction, 2019), is a first-person account of her sister’s suspicious death.
- Renegade Nuns: Sisterhood is Powerful (Verbal Construction, 2017) is her most recent novel.
- Under the pen name Beryl Barclay she wrote Daily Scoldings: A Bracing Tonic of Criticism, Rebuke, and Punitive Inspiration for Better Living (Running Press, 2010).
- Her first novel, Up, was published in 2002 and reissued as Southland Auto Acres (Verbal Construction, 2010). The book was listed among the 100 Best Lesbian Fiction and Memoir Books of All Time by Autostraddle.com.
Editing and Ghostwriting
- Jones worked with Damon Bruce as an editing consultant on The Great Book of San Francisco Sports Lists and with Irv Brown as a ghostwriter and consultant on The Great Book of Denver Sports Lists, both published by Running Press.
- She was a contributing editor of A Place to Help and to Heal, a history of Denver’s National Jewish Hospital.
- She was chief writer and consultant for The Chronicle: The Making of Jones International University — a history of the first fully accredited, totally online university in the world.
- She managed production and publication of Cyberschools: An Education Renaissance, 2010 edition.
- Her writing has appeared in The Denver Post, Rocky Mountain News, 5280, Weird Sisters West, and the anthology Hers.
- For many years Jones worked as a marketing copywriter in Los Angeles and Denver, in industries including healthcare (Kaiser Permanente), online media (Realtor.com), and nonprofit fundraising (National Jewish).
- She was a director of development at Jones Entertainment Group, the independent movie production company that produced The Secret of Roan Inish and Charlton Heston Presents The Bible.
- Jones is a graduate of the University of Denver Women’s Coding Boot Camp.
- She earned a graduate certificate in Technical and Professional Writing at California State University, Long Beach.
- She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from the University of Colorado, Boulder.